Thursday 28 July 2011

Bridal Chamber and "Relationships ®"

Cryptic fragments from a talk on the Bridal Chamber...


One of the most captivating features of the Gnostic Christian mysteries is the Sacrament of the Bridal Chamber, which in the Gospel of Philip represents the Way to Christhood. 

The customary tantalising question here is “was this sacrament merely symbolic, or did it imply an actual sexual union?” 

Although the answer to this question makes a huge difference in conventional and religious terms, from the pure shamanic perspective it is entirely irrelevant. Here what counts is the experience rather than the symbolic elements used to describe the experience itself. In this respect whether it is the physical sexual intercourse, or any other metaphorical expression of sacred unions, such as the Holy Communion, the only pertinent question is: “does it serve the Intent of actually linking human separated reality with the Divine and the ecstatic realms of our True Self? Is this a pragmatic way or generating the Christ? Does this bring healing to me, the others and the whole environment?”, "Does it serve the Plan of Salvation?".


When the answer to such questions is “yes”, this evidently proves that through a specific configuration I have attained the desired outcome, yet it does not necessarily mean that the configuration is the outcome. Here I acknowledge that there were probably other elements of which I was not aware, and also envisage the possibility that the realization of the desired result is the consequence of further methods I used before. 

I am not in a condition to identify the whole methodological sequence. All I have is the experience. As I gather more and more experiences, perhaps I will be able to get a vague idea of the dynamics involved. At that stage, it is likely that I will decide to establish a new configuration, a structured and effective way of achieving the desired results, a model that others can employ and imitate, and that I will do my best to promote. This is the point when the configuration gradually becomes the focus of attention, until it turns out to be more important than the experience it is supposed to produce. 

Here I get so involved with the configuration that I even forget about the experience. And this is exactly what happens in our separated reality, where an arbitrary configuration rules sovereign upon a population of imitators. One of the greatest offences to consciousness is that human beings are expected to devote their life to an arbitrary configuration without getting anything in return. 

I have lost touch of my Intent. All I have are arbitrary systems aimed at achieving something I desperately long for, yet of which I frankly do not have a clue. Indeed, nobody seems to care about truly getting that something. Although it is the driving urge in the separated reality advertising structure, it remains undelivered. 

It is the primary source of energy, the device supplying the original arousal. Yet, once I am stirred up, the separated reality takes over, veiling the Source. This keeps happening again and again, faster and faster, until I lose sight of the gap between the Source and the separated world. Hence, I regard the separated world as the source, which is unerringly what most seem to do on this boulder. 

Although I may have some timid reservations, who am I to challenge the whole advertising system? What happens if I am turned on by the Source without going through the separated reality? This is indeed a likely, though fatal, occurrence, which may lead me into deep troubles. Yes, for at that point, the separated reality will not arouse me anymore, at least not as it did before. And if the arbitrary reality does not turn me on, this is a serious problem. I need to do something about it, which appears to be the most popular activity of folks here.

The first step is to differentiate between Intent and separated reality. The separated reality is not the Intent, and when I focus only on one configuration I rule out other configurations.. There are plenty of configurations, and all potentially lead to the desired results, as long as I do not confuse the desired result with the configuration. 

For example, one of the most largely advertised configurations in our separated world is Relationships ®. Here it is given for granted that through this configuration I will achieve the desired result, i.e. Love, the Source, God. This means that if I do not achieve the desired result there must be something wrong with me, certainly not with the configuration.

Hence, I continue to insist with it until I do not remember anymore what I wanted to achieve with this configuration, what was the experience involved. All my focus and energy goes to the configuration. 

On this planet we have the glorious opportunity of differentiating between configuration and Intent. This is a major chance of retrieving our original Source.

Take time to examine your relationships. Honestly ask yourself: “What is my Intent in this relationship?” Also ask your partner “What is your Intent in this relationship?” This question will stir up your solar plexus energy. It is your birthright to ask these questions. It is your life purpose to embrace the answer and make it your sole allegiance. And as you abandon yourself to this sacred embrace, methods fade away as submissive gatekeepers. Then the doors may open… 


by Franco Santoro


No comments:

Post a Comment